? ??????????????Buds? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.8 (65 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 8353 Total Grabs. ??????Preview
?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????????????????Breast Cancer? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.1 (283 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 16539 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Is LOVE really enough?

Many people often say Love isn't enough to keep a relationship together. I don't know if that is true or not, but here is my opinion:
When do 2 people usually fall in love? I believe it's in a point in their life where everything is going good. They are on top of the world....their world. I believe it is in these good times that 2 people can fall in love. Wouldn't it be hard to fall in love in the midst of chaos? First off, your mind is not on trying to find someone. You're trying to get through difficult situations. This is how it was for me. I fell in love with a wonderful man when my world was good. I was happy, energetic and didn't have a care in the world. I married that man and had his son.
But let me tell you...it has been extremely difficult lately. We have been fighting a lot and getting on each other's nerves. It takes a lot for me to say this. Last night I sat in bed questioning my love for him. If something happened to him, or our son, would love be strong? I know I have affection for him, but was it love I felt thinking about the what if's? Then the Lord showed me that Love is not a feeling. LOVE IS A COMMITMENT. Through the good and the bad and the ugly.
Many people give up on love because they don't think they have it anymore. They fell in love when the "felt" it. They stayed in love because they got married next...a magical time. But the marriage doesn't last because love has lost it's power.
I believe LOVE is enough. God is love. "Three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love!" Love can conquer a multitude of sin. Love, if given properly, can overcome evil. It can overcome the anger and rage. If God is love, and many people leave marriage because love is gone, does that mean that God is gone? Does that mean He is not center of the marriage anymore? I believe so. I believe divorce and separation is not in God's plan for marriage.
My grandparents were married for 63 years. In the end, I know they loved each other. No, it was the glamor love like you have in the beginning, but it was an everlasting love that was meant to be for every marriage. I'm sure they had their difficult seasons, but they got through it.
I want that marriage. I am a bit of a romantic, and I do want the "glamor" love all the time, but I have to realize that love is a process. There are many stages and seasons in love and I MUST enjoy everyone of them....or life will pass by and I will be miserable and lonely. I love my husband, and I want to stay by his side. He is the only one I want to be with. He is the only one who still melts my heart, who my body still longs for, and who takes my cares away with just one kiss from his tender lips.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of wrong. It is never glad about injustice, but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through EVERY circumstance. Love will last forever...

1 comments:

MikeandCharlsie said...

Totally agree, Love is a Choice!