? ??????????????Buds? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.8 (65 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 8353 Total Grabs. ??????Preview
?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????????????????Breast Cancer? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.1 (283 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 16539 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Run for Fun


Well, I joined a running group last night! So excited! I needed to do this for myself. Not only to get into shape, but for some ME-time. It's a group of Moms that meet in my area of Houston and train for marathons! Our first one will be a 5K on October 3rd. If we are still wanting to continue training, there is a 10K marathon on October 31st. If we still want to go on, there is a half marathon sometime in February or March. I have always wanted to run in a marathon. I use to run cross-country in High School, but that was almost a decade ago. WOW! Life speeds along in the fast lane once you graduate HS!

Anyways, I met some wonderful moms last night. I am so glad that I bit the bullet and got out to do this. Corban had to come with me because Wes was working, and I didn't have anyone to watch my little Bambino! He loves the jogging stroller though. Loves the outdoors! I am, for the most part, a social person. I love people and talking and hanging out. But when you don't get out too much and you are always with a baby, you start to become some what of a recluse. Kind of like learning Spanish. I took 3 years of Spanish and don't remember any of it because I never was around anyone to practice. Same with me and new experiences. Because I am not around it all the time anymore, it takes a lot of effort on my part to step out of my comfort zone. But once I take the plunge, it all goes down hill from there!

We only worked on a mile last night. My goal by the end of this 8-week session is to be able to run atleast 5 miles. I'm pretty sure I will be able to do this....I HOPE!
I encourage you, even if you are not a runner, to get out atleast 30 minutes a day. Do something for yourself. This is a great time to reflex on the day, what you need to do and a perfect time for prayer. Praying in one of the best ways for time to go by fast when running. It is also a great stress reliever. I usually sing to myself when running or listen to my worship music. We can always go to the mall or get our nails done, or even rent a movie. But how often do we do a little exercise? I know I don't do it as much as I use to, but this is a brand new start for me.
So get up and get going!
Healthly Habits are right around the corner!

0 comments: